New Jersey Car Accident Lawyers
Injured in an Auto Accident? Call (973) 635-5400
With nearly 6.5 million automobile accidents occurring in the United States each year, there is a significant likelihood that each of us will eventually be involved in one. Injuries suffered in a motor vehicle accident can range from minor to severe and may be life-threatening or result in fatality.
What To Do After a Car Accident
If you are involved in an automobile or truck collision in New Jersey, no matter how minor, make sure you stay at the scene of the accident (if you are not taken to the hospital by first responders). Document everything you can by taking pictures and/or video or recording information on your cell phone. Do not admit fault at the scene of an accident, but answer the questions of law enforcement offices truthfully. Obtain from the other drivers and witnesses their contact information, driver’s license numbers, insurance information, license plate numbers, and, if possible, take photos of the crash scene, the vehicles, traffic control devices and signs, road debris and/or damage, and any visible injuries. Seek proper medical treatment immediately, and document all the care you receive.
Maintaining good records can assist your attorney in securing appropriate compensation for the injuries you’ve suffered.
NEVER discuss the accident or your injuries with any of the insurance companies which insure the vehicles involved until you’ve consulted an experienced New Jersey personal injury attorney. A seasoned auto accident attorney can advise you how to proceed properly in order to protect your rights.
Compensation for Damages in a NJ Motor Vehicle Accident
An experienced motor vehicle accident attorney may seek compensation for the following damages:
- Property loss or damage
- Past and anticipated medical and therapy bills
- Permanent disability (lost wages and lost earning capacity)
- Emotional trauma
- Household and vehicle modifications to accommodate your injuries (such as wheelchair ramps, lifts, etc.)
- Damages surrounding loss of enjoyment of life and inability to engage in usual daily activities
- Punitive (punishment) damages
Compensation for Wrongful Death in New Jersey
In the unfortunate event of losing a loved one in a motor vehicle accident, an experienced New Jersey car accident attorney may seek compensation for the following damages on behalf of you and your family:
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Medical bills
- Pain and suffering of the deceased
- Loss of future income
- Loss of future benefits (such as medical benefits and retirement benefits/pension)
- Loss of love, affection, companionship, guidance, marital consortium, etc.
- Loss of household services the deceased performed (such as childcare, bookkeeping, property and vehicle maintenance, etc.)
If you have been injured or lost a loved one in a motor vehicle accident, you may be entitled to compensation through a personal injury or wrongful death claim. You are going to need the representation of an experienced motor vehicle accident attorney.
For over 70 years, the legal team at Blume Forte Fried Zerres & Molinari has successfully represented New Jersey automobile accident injury victims and has handled thousands of motor vehicle accident claims for injury victims and their families.
Contact us today at (973) 635-5400 for a confidential, no cost consultation with regard to your automobile accident claim.