Hillsborough Township Personal Injury Lawyers
The Blume Forte Fried Zerres & Molinari Legal Team Is Here To Help Hillsborough Township Residents File For Compensation For Accident-related Injuries And Losses.
The law entitles you to various forms of compensation if you were harmed or injured by the actions, negligence, recklessness, or inaction of a party that owed you a duty of care. Serious injuries can take months or years to recover from, and you should seek compensation to cover accident-related injuries and losses from the party responsible for causing you harm. Our Hillsborough Township personal injury lawyers strive to protect the rights and interests of innocent accident victims.
If you sustained losses or injuries in an accident, Blume Forte Fried Zerres & Molinari can help. We will help you gather evidence, quantify your damages, understand the insurance rules that apply to your case, and file a claim within the applicable statutes of limitations so that you can live free of worry about how you will finance any treatments or procedures you may need.
Unintentional Accidents And Personal Injuries Affect Countless People In Hillsborough Township Every Year
Accidents and injuries occur at an alarming rate all across the country. According to recent data, there were roughly 40 million emergency room and doctor’s visits in 2017 for unintentional accident injuries. Unintentional accidents also killed roughly 170,000 people that year, and every year, thousands of people die from poisoning, motor vehicle accidents, slips and falls, workplace accidents, product malfunctions, and other types of accidents.
These accidents have a serious impact on society, and they lead to productivity losses, medical treatment expenses, property damage, insurance overheads, and administrative costs that are estimated to be as high as $150 billion every year. The impact of an accident is even more consequential on a personal level, where a single accident can rob you of your livelihood, set you back tens of thousands of dollars, and destabilize your family’s financial wellbeing.
We can assist you with a wide range of personal injury cases, as outlined below.
Our Hillsborough Township Personal Injury Lawyers Can Assist You In A Wide Range Of Cases
Our practice areas include all of the following:
- Motor vehicle accidents: These include car accidents, truck accidents, motorcycle accidents, bicycle accidents, and pedestrian accidents
- Medical cases: These include cases involving misdiagnosis, delayed diagnosis, a failure to diagnose, delayed treatment or a failure-to-treat, surgical errors, medication errors, hospital negligence, and birth injuries
- Product liability cases: Defective auto parts, household goods, and appliances, machinery, or drugs are examples of product liability
- Premises liability cases: These include slip and fall accidents, dram shop liability, and inadequate security cases
- Clergy sexual abuse
The Leading Causes Of Personal Injuries In Hillsborough Township
Personal injuries commonly arise from the following:
- Vehicle accidents, including passenger vehicle accidents, truck and commercial vehicle accidents, motorcycle accidents, pedestrian accidents, and accidents involving roadside property or damaged roads.
- Medical negligence, such as surgical errors, misdiagnosis, delayed diagnosis, drug dosage injuries or illnesses, a lack of testing, doctor or caregiver inexperience, and birth injuries.
- Nursing home accidents such as slips and falls, physical or financial abuse, neglect, mistreatment, inadequate resources leading to resident harm, improper care, and poor management leading to resident illnesses, injures, or death.
- Premises accidents such as slips and falls, dog bites, animal attacks, electrocutions, falling object accidents, and machine or appliance accidents.
- Workplace injuries in which a worker falls, is electrocuted, is suffocated, suffers chemical or thermal burns, or is crushed in or between objects or materials are also leading causes of unintentional accidents and personal injuries.
How We Help Personal Injury Victims In Hillsborough Township
Our Hillsborough Township personal injury lawyers can help you by determining how your accident occurred and building a case from there. Doing this will require us to gather evidence, based on which we will identify the at-fault party responsible for your accident.
Depending on how and where the accident in question occurred, the at-fault party can be:
- The victim’s employer
- A vehicle driver
- A vehicle or machine service or maintenance team
- A municipal office responsible for road or traffic control device upkeep
- A product manufacturer
- A doctor, nurse, or another caregiver
- A hospital, nursing home, business owner, or business operator
After we identify the at-fault party, our Hillsborough Township personal injury lawyers will use the evidence we collected to quantify your losses. We will also walk you through what you need to know about insurance coverage and how to file a claim.
Schedule A Free Consultation With Our Hillsborough Township Personal Injury Lawyers Today
To file a claim, you must submit a demand letter to the at-fault party’s insurer asking for compensation. We will submit this letter for you, along with all of the evidence we collected regarding your accident. If your request is denied, we will file a complaint with the relevant court. The court will initiate what is known as the discovery process – an investigation into the arguments of both sides. After discovery, if the insurance company still refuses to pay a settlement, the case goes to trial and a judge or jury will decide the case.
Contact Blume Forte Fried Zerres & Molinari today to learn more about how we can assist you with this process.
About Hillsborough Township, NJ
Hillsborough Township is a township in Somerset County, New Jersey. It is centrally located in the Raritan Valley region and lies within the larger New York Metropolitan Area. It has a population of roughly 40,000 and is steeped in history. One of its canals used to be a major force in New Jersey’s commercial development and was built to complete connections in a series of waterways that stretched from New York to Florida. From milling and farming in the 1800s to commercial enterprises in the 19th and 20th centuries, the township is home to many small businesses and has been a popular visitor destination for many years.
Frequently Asked Questions Regarding Personal Injury Cases In Hillsborough Township
FAQ: What kinds of injuries or damages can I file a claim for?
You can file a claim for any injuries or damages after an accident – as long as you can connect your damages to the accident. With the right evidence, if you can prove that you suffered physical injuries, financial losses, or property damage in an accident, you can quantify those losses and file a claim for them.
FAQ: By when must I file a claim?
You must file a claim within the statutes of limitations that apply to your case. For most personal injury cases in New Jersey, you have two years within which to file your claim. If you miss your filing window, you technically forfeit your right to seeking compensation. It is best to file as soon as you can because it takes time to build a case, and filing sooner will help avoid forgetting important case details.