New Jersey Roundup Lawsuits
Roundup Injury Lawyers Provide Clients with Assistance Evaluating Potential Roundup Lawsuits in NJ
After you have been diagnosed with cancer, you may have questions as to how you developed cancer. However, one of the last considerations on your mind would be that you developed cancer due to a weed killer. Roundup is sold in every hardware and garden store in America, and most people who purchase the product don’t give a second thought as to whether the product is actually safe, and you shouldn’t have to. Product manufacturers have a legal duty to provide safe products, and when they fail in this duty and cause consumers to become sick, they should be held financially accountable for that failure. These kinds of defective household products can cause a very severe injury to you or a loved one, and may give you an opportunity to follow a product liability claim.
At Blume Forte our experienced team of personal injury lawyers can help you evaluate whether Roundup use caused or contributed to your cancer diagnosis, and will investigate the specific facts of your case to weigh whether you are likely to recover compensation in a Roundup lawsuit. Our lawyers will work to investigate:
- Exposure Levels. If you have been frequently exposed to Roundup, this strengthens the causal link between the product and your diagnosis. Greater exposure levels result in a higher probability that the carcinogens in the product caused the cancer. Individuals who work as farmers, gardeners, groundskeepers, landscapers or in other agricultural fields have the greatest risk of developing Roundup-related cancer.
- The Specific Cancer Diagnosis. Roundup has been linked to several types of cancer, including lymphoma, breast cancer, brain cancer, lung cancer, prostate cancer, bladder cancer, skin cancer and testicular cancer. Our lawyers will evaluate both the type of cancer you have developed and any additional risk factors to evaluate the probability that Roundup was the cause.
- Your Right to Compensation. The level of compensation to which you may be entitled is directly connected to the pain and suffering you have experienced, as well as how difficult your cancer was to treat. Our lawyers are experienced in evaluating all aspects of how the cancer impacted your life and your family so that we can advocate for the highest compensation award possible in your case.
Contact our offices today for a free consultation into your potential Roundup cancer diagnosis claim.
NJ Lawyers Help You Establish the Connection Between Monsanto Roundup and a Cancer Diagnosis
Lymphoma is the primary form of cancer that has been linked to Roundup. Evidence of the causal link between the chemicals in Roundup and cancer has been suspected, and even published, for years–but only in medical journals that the general public is unlikely to read. One substance in Roundup, called glyphosate, has been a suspected carcinogen since the 1980s. Despite this, the EPA found insufficient evidence to back up the connection between glyphosate and cancer, and therefore dismissed these claims for another two decades—during which time Roundup continued to be one of the most popular brands of weed killer in America.
More recently, studies in the U.S., Canada and Europe have identified an alarming connection between Roundup use and cancer. Some studies have found that Roundup exposure can double a person’s risk of developing non-Hodgkin lymphoma. Even more disturbing is the fact that non-Hodgkin lymphoma is one of the more difficult forms of lymphoma to cure, meaning that the manufacturers of Roundup have put Roundup consumers at serious risk and should be held responsible for the significant damage caused as a result.
“Words cannot express how tremendously grateful I am to Jeff Zenna for his sincere compassion and legal assistance during one of the most challenging times in my life.”
“I just wanted to take some time to thank you and your team for all your help in the last 3 1/2 years. Your confidence, professionalism, knowledge, and efficiency in resolving this case have been greatly appreciated by my family and I. ”
“You exhibited a genuine caring for my predicament and the outcome. These are all qualities that are prized in any professional relationship.”
Roundup Injury Lawyers Explain How a Roundup Lawsuit Will Proceed in New Jersey
Pursuing a Roundup lawsuit involves establishing how the manufacturer was negligent in producing or marketing their product. Manufacturers have a duty to provide consumers with products that are safe to use, and that contain appropriate warnings and instructions for safe use. Violating this duty is an example of negligence for which a manufacturer can be held financially responsible.
The skilled Roundup injury lawyers at Blume Forte will investigate to establish the causal link between your illness and Roundup usage, and will fight to recover both economic and non-economic damages to make sure the Roundup manufacturer is held accountable. Examples of possible compensation awards include:
- Economic damages, which are compensation for expenses that have a clear monetary and quantifiable value, such as medical bills and lost wages, and
- Non-economic damages, which are more subjective, and can involve compensation for the pain and suffering or loss of quality of life that was caused by the manufacturer’s negligence.
Roundup Injury Lawyers at Blume Forte Can Help Cancer Patients in NJ Every Step of the Way
Even if you think Roundup caused your cancer, you may be reluctant to pursue a time-consuming lawsuit because you are, after all, experiencing all of the suffering that recovering from cancer brings. One primary benefit of retaining experienced legal representation to handle your Roundup case is that you can focus on your recovery knowing that a skilled lawyer is handling all other aspects of your case.
The Roundup injury lawyers at Blume Forte will provide support every step of the way to pursue full and fair compensation for the suffering that Roundup exposure has caused. Our lawyers are here to investigate your claim, and will handle:
- Locating the best scientific experts to help establish the link between your Roundup use and cancer,
- Evaluating cutting edge research to formulate a strong and smart case,
- Helping you locate a doctor who has specialized experience handling your form of cancer,
- Negotiating with the Roundup manufacturer to reach a settlement agreement that maximizes your right to compensation, and
- Advocating for your rights in court if trial becomes necessary.
Contact our offices to schedule a free initial consultation to discuss your case today. Blume Forte has offices conveniently located in Chatham, Jersey City, Sea Girt and North Bergen, New Jersey.
Frequently Asked Questions About New Jersey Roundup Lawsuits
The available compensation will depend up on the severity of the medical complications caused by Roundup use, and the strength of the link your lawyer is able to establish between your condition and using Roundup. You may be entitled to compensation for all of your medical expenses, lost wages, lost earning capacity and pain and suffering. If the illness caused by Roundup use resulted in death, you may be entitled to compensation in a wrongful death lawsuit for funeral expenses, loss of consortium or support and loss of future earnings potential in addition to all of the medical expenses caused by the illness.
Major manufacturers like the one that makes Roundup have armies of defense lawyers and insurance adjusters who will fight to avoid admitting liability and paying compensation to people suffering as a result of Roundup use. You need an experienced Roundup injury lawyer to work to lay out the causal connection between Roundup exposure and cancer in your specific case. At Blume Forte, our lawyers don’t back down when it comes to negotiating with, and arguing against, major chemical and product manufacturers like the ones that produce Roundup.
The articles on this blog are for informative purposes only and are no substitute for legal advice or an attorney/client relationship. If you are seeking legal advice, please contact our law firm directly.