Summit, NJ Personal Injury Lawyers
Talented Personal Injury Lawyers Committed to Strongly Advocating for Accident Victims’ Right to Compensation in Summit, NJ
When you have sustained personal injuries because of someone else’s carelessness, recklessness or mistake in judgement, whether you are able to recover full compensation and hold the negligent actor responsible can often turn on the skill of your personal injury lawyer. Insurance companies—which are motivated almost entirely by profit—have a strong incentive to deny, delay or minimize the value of your suffering. At Blume Forte Fried Zerres & Molinari, we have been protecting the rights of injured accident victims in Summit and throughout Union County, NJ for nearly a century. We have experienced every trick the insurance companies are likely to use to minimize your right to full financial compensation for your injuries—and we have the experience and tenacity needed to level the playing field.
If you or a loved one have sustained a personal injury in Summit or elsewhere in Union County, call or contact our office today for a free initial case evaluation to discuss options in your case.
Get Free Advice From An Experienced Personal Injury Lawyer. All You Have To Do Is Call 973-845-4421 or Fill Out Our Free Case Evaluation Form.
Evaluating Your Summit, NJ Personal Injury Claims
Many clients wonder whether they have the legal right to recover compensation after sustaining a personal injury in Summit or elsewhere in Union County. Similarly, clients frequently ask how long it will take to obtain that compensation, how much compensation will be available and whether they will have to go to trial. Every personal injury case is different, but some of the primary issues that must be evaluated in determining the value of your compensation award, whether to pursue a personal injury case at trial and whether the insurance company is likely to settle before trial include:
- The date your injury occurred. In New Jersey, personal injury claims must be brought within two years unless an exception applies—meaning that your legal right to compensation is lost if more than two years have passed.
- The extent of your injuries. The severity of the personal injury will impact both the amount of compensation you will receive and the time it might take to arrive at a fair settlement. For example, if the injury is minor, your legal right to compensation can be hindered based on the type of accident involved (a car accident, for example, where a serious injury threshold must be reached).
- Recovery time. Relatedly, the amount of time that will pass before you can return to work—if you can return to the same work—is highly relevant to your eventual compensation award.
- Pain and suffering. While other costs associated with your injury may be easily reduced to monetary figures, pain and suffering, as well as ongoing emotional trauma, are much more difficult to quantify. In cases where the insurance company refuses to settle for a reasonable amount, you may choose to take your case to trial, or use alternative techniques such as mediation or arbitration, in order to reach a fair amount.
These are only some of the factors that are typically relevant in determining the outcome of a personal injury case. At Blume Forte Fried Zerres & Molinari, our skilled Summit, NJ personal injury lawyers put all of our knowledge and resources to work in order to smartly present the evidence to obtain the highest compensation award possible in your case.
Find Out What Your Case Is Worth – Call 973-845-4421 or Fill Out Our Free Case Evaluation Form.
Skilled Personal Injury Lawyers Put a Nearly 100 Years’ Combined Experience to Work for Injured Clients in Summit and Throughout Union County, NJ
At Blume Forte Fried Zerres & Molinari, we have successfully put our legal knowledge to work in protecting the rights of accident victims in Summit and Union County for nearly a century. We know that an accident can happen in an instant and are here to help you get back on track whether you were injured in a:
- Summit Car Accident Lawyers
- Summit Motor Vehicle Accident Lawyers
- Summit Bus Accident Lawyers
- Summit Pedestrian Accident Lawyers
- Summit Bicycle Accident Lawyers
- Summit Construction Accident Lawyers
- Summit Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
- Summit Medical Malpractice Lawyers
- Summit Nursing Home Abuse Lawyers
- Summit Slip and Fall Accident Lawyers
- Summit Defective Products Lawyers
“Words cannot express how tremendously grateful I am to Jeff Zenna for his sincere compassion and legal assistance during one of the most challenging times in my life.”
“I just wanted to take some time to thank you and your team for all your help in the last 3 1/2 years. Your confidence, professionalism, knowledge, and efficiency in resolving this case have been greatly appreciated by my family and I. ”
“You exhibited a genuine caring for my predicament and the outcome. These are all qualities that are prized in any professional relationship.”
Contact Our Offices to Schedule a Free Initial Consultation Your Right to Compensation with Our Dedicated Summit, NJ Personal Injury Lawyers
The time period following an accident can be overwhelming as you focus on your physical recovery and protecting your family from further trauma. Retaining a strong legal advocate to negotiate and argue on your behalf can help ensure that your legal rights are protected, and that the negligent actor is brought to justice. For more information on how we can help in your case, schedule a free initial consultation with one of our skilled Summit personal injury lawyers.
About Summit, NJ
Summit is located in Union County, New Jersey, near the top of the Second Watchung Mountain, and is linked by the NJ Transit rail system to the financial district in Manhattan. AS of 2018, Summit was ranked as one of the wealthiest towns in the United States according to a Bloomberg ranking system and many Summit residents commute to Manhattan via rail each day for work. However, Summit itself is home to several major corporate offices, including Merck & Co. and Hibernia Atlantic, which provide employment opportunities within Summit itself. The historic Summit Opera House is still standing, and the Summit Playhouse provides a venue for live productions while the city of Summit itself has begun a campaign to encourage live music productions on the streets of downtown Summit.
Frequently Asked Questions About Personal Injury Claims in Summit
Although you should contact a lawyer as soon as possible so that all valuable evidence in your case is preserved, it can be advisable to wait to file your insurance claim in some cases. The full extent of your injuries may not be immediately apparent, and every patient responds differently to treatment. In some cases, it is advisable to wait until your medical team can formulate a more accurate picture of your future treatment needs (and recovery time and prognosis) so that we can include those amounts in our claim.
In some cases, a personal injury action may become necessary because health insurance and car insurance do not always cover all of the costs of your injury. To recover certain types of damages, such as pain and suffering and emotional distress, it may be necessary to take action against the at-fault party. In other cases, the value of holding the negligent party accountable for his or her actions to prevent future negligent actions can also play a role in the decision to pursue a personal injury case.