Bridgewater Truck Accident Lawyer
Experienced Bridgewater Truck Accident Lawyer Fighting for Justice for Truck Accident Victims in Somerset County and Throughout NJ
Trucks are larger and heavier than every other vehicle on the road. This influences their maneuverability. They pose a great risk to other road users. This is why the truck industry is heavily regulated. Truck drivers and truck operators are held to higher standards than other road users. However, truck accidents still occur and when they do, the consequences are often catastrophic. If you have been involved in a truck accident you should seek the guidance of an experienced Bridgewater truck accident lawyer from Blume Forte Fried Zerres & Molinari.
The attorneys at our law firm are experienced in representing victims of truck accidents. We know just how devastating these accidents can be and have witnessed the far-reaching consequences of these accidents on the victims and their families. We fight aggressively to protect the rights of truck accident victims. We will work to build a strong claim on your behalf and expect nothing less than just compensation for your injuries.
Contact us now to schedule an appointment for a free consultation with an attorney from our law firm.
Common Truck Accident Causes
Truck accidents can occur for any number of reasons. In order to identify the parties that can be held liable for the truck accident, our law firm will investigate your claim to determine the factors that contributed to the accident. Through the years, we have represented victims of truck accidents that have occurred as a result of various factors including:
- Driver fatigue – this is a common cause of truck accidents. The law in New Jersey limits truck drivers from working more than 70 hours a week. However, employers or clients may push drivers to work longer hours in order to beat deadlines or make greater profits.
- Speeding – trucks are large and heavy. They are difficult to maneuver under normal circumstances. They are even harder to control when driven at high speeds.
- Distracted driving – cell phone use while driving has become one of the top causes of motor vehicle accidents. Texting, browsing, or fidgeting with handheld devices is prohibited while driving commercial vehicles. A driver may cause an accident when distracted by their devices.
- Poor maintenance – trucks require frequent maintenance in order to operate safely and efficiently. However, operating companies may choose to forgo regular maintenance in order to save money. Maintenance services may cut corners and use substandard products in order to make bigger profits. These factors will result in the truck being faulty which can result in an accident.
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol – alcohol and drugs can impair a truck driver’s abilities, response time, and concentration. Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol is a serious crime in New Jersey.
- Overloading – overloading the truck will make the truck dangerous to operate. It will be harder to control and can result in an accident.
“While coming highly-recommended to me, Jeff handled a motor vehicle case wherein I sustained permanent injuries from 4 pelvic fractures. He was very upfront with me about the value of my case and he succeeded in going above and beyond to make sure I received the settlement I deserved for my injuries. Jeff’s level of expertise and professionalism surpassed even my greatest expectations.”
“I just wanted to take some time to thank you and your team for all your help in the last 3 1/2 years. Your confidence, professionalism, knowledge, and efficiency in resolving this case have been greatly appreciated by my family and I.”
“I wish to convey my esteem and admiration for your professional excellence and personal manner in dealing with me regarding my auto accident case. Your attention to detail and knowledge were impressive by any standard.”
About Bridgewater, NJ
Bridgewater is a township located in Somerset County in New Jersey. The township has experienced a rapid rise in population in the past few years, which is largely due to the numerous employment opportunities and the idyllic lifestyle the township offers. Bridgewater is home to several Fortune 500 companies in various industries. It is also located in easy proximity to New York City and other major cities in New Jersey. Somerset County recorded a total of 10,748 motor vehicle accidents in 2018. If you have been involved in a truck accident and want to file a claim for compensation get in touch with us. We offer a free consultation for truck accident victims in Bridgewater.
Settlement – Motor Vehicle Accident / Wrongful Death
Settlement – Motor Vehicle Accident
Jury Verdict – Motor Vehicle Accident – Failure To Properly Maintain Guardrail
Contact Blume Forte Fried Zerres & Molinari for Free Consultation with an Experienced Bridgewater Truck Accident Lawyer
If you or a loved one was involved in a truck accident don’t hesitate to contact Blume Forte Fried Zerres & Molinari. Contact us and schedule a free consultation with an experienced Bridgewater truck accident lawyer from our law firm. Our free no-obligation consultation is a great opportunity to have your questions answered. Learn about your rights and the options available to you. Determine what path to take with the guidance of attorneys that have successfully recovered millions of dollars in compensation on behalf of accident victims.
Frequently Asked Questions about Truck Accidents in Bridgewater
Being involved in a truck accident can be devastating. However, the steps you take after the accident will play a crucial role in the outcome of your claim.
1) Call 911 if you or someone else is injured. If there are no injuries that require emergency care, contact the local law enforcement department to report the accident.
2) Take the contact information of the truck driver. This should include the driver’s name, their driving license information, the contact information of their employer as well as the insurance information. Do the same for any other driver involved in the accident.
3) Take photos and videos of the accident scene. Take photos of the damaged vehicles on the road and even injuries suffered as a result of the accident.
4) See a doctor as soon as possible after the accident. This applies even if your injuries don’t seem serious.
5) Notify your insurance company of the accident as soon as possible. This will ensure that you remain eligible for coverage under your insurance policy
6) Consult with a Bridgewater truck accident lawyer to learn about your rights as well as your options in pursuing financial compensation as well as justice for your losses.
It is often the case with truck accident claims that more than one party may be held accountable for the accident. The following are some parties that may be held liable for a truck accident.
— The truck driver
— The trucking company
— The operator or owner of the truck
— The service that maintains the truck
— The manufacturer of parts used in the truck
— Government entities responsible for maintaining the truck
A truck accident attorney will investigate your case and determine all the parties that can be held liable for your losses.