$730,000 Settlement for Electrocution at Construction Site / Wrongful Death

Blume Donnelly partner David M. Fried represented a 19-year-old single male maintenance worker who was electrocuted while working at his job site. The man was instructed to pull new wiring for the installation of a fan in a warehouse. He was not to make any electrical connections, but rather to just pull the new wiring to an electrical duct. The previously installed electrical duct was supposed to be non-conductive, but the electrician failed to complete that installation, causing our client to come into contact with arcing electrical current when he pulled the wires to the duct. The electric current caused his clothes to catch fire, resulting in severe burns to a large portion of his body. He was treated at St. Barnabas Medical Center’s burn unit for several days, until he succumbed to his injuries and died. Despite the fact that there was nobody financially dependent upon the decedent, Mr. Fried secured a significant settlement due to the horrific events that occurred resulting in our client’s death.