New Jersey Surgical Mishap Lawyers
Victim of a Surgical Mishap? Call 973-845-4421
During the preoperative and postoperative periods (before and after surgery), as well as during the actual performance of a surgical procedure, a variety of “mishaps” or “accidents” can occur. These surgical mishaps are not necessarily secondary to medical negligence, and thankfully, most do not result in any permanent injury to the patient. A poor result after surgery does not necessarily mean that there was negligence. However, when healthcare providers render care which deviates from the accepted standards of medical or surgical practice, that often constitutes medical negligence or malpractice. If such malpractice causes an injury, patients may be able to commence litigation to recover damages for their losses.
Get Free Advice From An Experienced Medical Malpractice Lawyer. All You Have To Do Is Call 973-845-4421 or Fill Out Our Free Case Evaluation Form.
Some examples of surgically related accidents or mishaps which may be caused by medical negligence are:
- Retained surgical instruments or supplies (e.g., a surgical sponge left in the patient)
- Improperly placed sutures or surgical hardware
- Perforation or trauma to organs not being operated upon
- Failure to diagnose and treat postoperative infections and other conditions
- Negligence in preoperative testing and operative clearance
- Lack of informed consent
- The performance of contraindicated and/or unnecessary surgical procedures
- Malpositioning on the operating room table or chair
- Negligence in the administration of anesthesia and post-anesthesia care
- Negligence in monitoring a patient intraoperatively and postoperatively
Schedule A Free Consultation With An Experienced Medical Malpractice Lawyer – Call 973-845-4421 or Fill Out Our Free Case Evaluation Form.
GET LEGAL HELP AFTER A SURGICAL ERROR
Blume Forte NJ medical malpractice attorneys and medical staff have the experience to identify if a surgical accident or mishap constitutes negligence. We will evaluate your potential claim by reviewing your medical records and diagnostic studies (x-rays, MRIs, CT Scans, etc.) free of cost. Call us today at 973-845-4421.
- Surgical Negligence Blogs
- The Risks and Dangers of Surgical Negligence
- Common Mishaps and other Concerns Regarding Surgery
- Uncovering Surgical Negligence: What Went Wrong?
- Surgical Errors and Medical Malpractice
- Errors that Occur During Surgery
- AORN Study Identifies Causes of Retained Surgical Sponges in Patients