Kearny, NJ Personal Injury Lawyers
Knowledgeable Personal Injury Lawyers Advocate for Clients Injured in Kearny, NJ Accidents
The right to recover full compensation after suffering a personal injury because of someone else’s negligence or recklessness is fundamental to your successful recovery—because while monetary compensation can’t take away the pain of your injury or the time lost to your recovery, it can ensure that you have access to all necessary medical care without jeopardizing your family’s financial wellbeing.
Regardless of whether your personal injury case is highly complex or relatively straightforward, our compassionate team of personal injury lawyers believes that every client has the right to excellent legal representation—and we devote the personal attention necessary to achieve the most favorable results for every client we represent. If you have sustained injuries in an accident or lost a loved one to wrongful death, call our knowledgeable Kearny personal injury lawyers today so that we can begin our fight to recover full and fair compensation in your case.
We Successfully Handle a Diverse Range of Personal Injury Cases in Hudson County, NJ
We have successfully helped clients recover compensation based on personal injury claims involving:
- Kearny Car Accident Lawyers. A motor vehicle accident can be as straightforward as a two-party rear-end collision or as complex as a multi-vehicle pileup where the cause of the accident is less than clear. Motor vehicle accident cases can involve motorcycle accidents, pedestrian accidents and even truck accidents. Regardless of the complexity of your specific case, our skilled personal injury lawyers will locate and analyze all necessary evidence to build and support your claim for compensation.
- Kearny Slip and Fall Accident Lawyers. A premises liability personal injury case can arise from a variety of different types of accidents where you sustained injuries because of a hazard on another person’s property. Whether you were injured in a slip and fall accident on an icy sidewalk or because a business negligently failed to provide adequate security to prevent an injury, we can fight to hold the property owner accountable.
- Kearny Construction Accident Lawyers. Although the prevalence of construction sites in Kearny and elsewhere in New Jersey represent a growing economy, they also present hazards in the form of heavy machinery, scaffolding and even the potential for electrocution. Our team can help with your workers’ compensation claim, and we will investigate to determine whether a separate personal injury lawsuit against a third-party defendant may be viable.
- Kearny Medical Malpractice Lawyers. Cases involving medical negligence are often difficult for someone without specific experience handling these cases because, in order to establish that a medical professional committed malpractice, we must also establish the relevant standard of care—which varies based upon a number of circumstances. Our Kearny personal injury firm has the resources necessary to employ the best possible medical professionals to get results for you.
- Kearny Defective Products Lawyers. When you purchase or use a product, you have the right to assume that the product is reasonably safe for its intended use. Defective products cases can arise in situations involving car seats or children’s toys, but can also present viable claims when a component in a larger machine, such as a car or piece of construction equipment, causes an accident.
Experienced Kearny, NJ Personal Injury Lawyers Seek Maximum Compensation for Accident Victims Throughout Hudson County
After suffering a personal injury, most clients find that they are exposed to a variety of expenses that they hadn’t foreseen, and we fight to ensure that our clients’ compensation awards fully reflect those expenses, which often include:
- Emergency room costs,
- Co-pays and deductibles for medical care that are not reimbursed by insurance,
- Future medical expenses,
- Modifications to the home and in-home care,
- Transportation costs,
- Lost wages during a period of unpaid recovery leave,
- Reduced quality of life in general,
- Pain and suffering,
- Loss of consortium for the spouse of the accident victim.
“Words cannot express how tremendously grateful I am to Jeff Zenna for his sincere compassion and legal assistance during one of the most challenging times in my life.”
“I just wanted to take some time to thank you and your team for all your help in the last 3 1/2 years. Your confidence, professionalism, knowledge, and efficiency in resolving this case have been greatly appreciated by my family and I. ”
“You exhibited a genuine caring for my predicament and the outcome. These are all qualities that are prized in any professional relationship.”
Schedule a Free Consultation with Our Dedicated Kearny, NJ Personal Injury Lawyers Today
It is common for accident victims to have a number of questions about their legal rights after sustaining injuries. Our experienced Kearny personal injury lawyers are here to make sure you have answers to all of those questions. We provide a free initial consultation to all potential clients, and you can either call or contact our offices online today to start the process of recovering compensation in your case.
About Kearny, NJ
Kearny is located in the western part of Hudson County and is technically considered a suburb of Newark, New Jersey. Named for the civil war general, Philip Kearny, Kearny was originally named “New Barbados Neck” after it was granted to Major William Sandford of Barbados in the 1600s. Kearny earned its nickname, “Soccer Town, U.S.A.” after thousands of Irish and Scottish immigrants settled in Kearny and brought the game to the United States. More currently, the HBO production, The Sopranos, was filmed partially in Kearny in the earlier part of the 21st Century.
Frequently Asked Questions About Personal Injury Claims in Kearny
Car accident cases are different than other types of personal injury because of New Jersey’s no-fault insurance law. In these cases, you first recover compensation from your own car insurance policy. If your injuries surpass what is known as a “serious injury threshold”, you may then take steps to recover compensation from the at-fault party and his or her insurance company—whether in the form of damages for pain and suffering or to compensate for other economic damages. Death, loss of limbs, broken or fractured bones, substantial scarring or disfigurement, loss of an unborn child and injures that are reasonably anticipated to be permanent all qualify.
Most personal injury cases are based on the fact that someone else’s negligence caused your injury, so that negligent party should be responsible for compensating you for the harm caused. Negligence is essentially carelessness. To prove negligence, you must show that another party owed you a duty of care (generally, a duty to act reasonably to prevent harm to others), breached that duty by acting carelessly, caused your injuries and that you suffered harm as a result.